Jobs at Trentham
The Trentham Estate is a thriving business community - over 700 people were employed here during the Summer. It might also be well worth you coming to look around the Shopping Village, as short-term vacancies are often posted in the shop windows.
Are you passionate about communications, hardworking, outgoing and with a can-do attitude? Can you craft words that make people smile, pictures that make people go "ahhh" and render them unable to resist pressing the "Share" button? If you understand how these talents entice visitors to Trentham, then we might have just the opportunity for you!
Bring your talent, experience, enthusiasm and eagerness to learn and in return we'll give you holistic job in destination marketing. Including design, print, advertising, visitor information, website, social media, partner and stakeholder engagement, blogs, pr…oh - and we'll pay you too!
Supports the Marketing Manager in carrying out various strategies and tasks in relation to promoting The Trentham Estate as a top-quality visitor attraction. Compiles, analyses, and reports marketing data. Helps maintain relationships with shopping village tenants and other key stakeholders.
- Assist the Marketing Manager and wider team at Trentham.
- Co-ordination of multiple social media accounts across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Liaise with tenants and colleagues to provide engaging content for visitors.
- Help monitor and measure the impact of social media and present meaningful statistics.
- Support the creation of email marketing campaigns and newsletters.
- Update all sections of website to keep content accurate, fresh and engaging.
- Effectively communicate with different agencies to ensure Trentham objectives are met.
- Assist with leaflet/poster/sign briefs, proof checking, amendments, quotations, deliveries on time and within budget.
- Assist public relations efforts with press release content, checking, updating news section on website, clippings and coverage filing and reporting.
- Organise images and visual assets for ease of reference on server and website media folder.
- Provide support for the front of house team, including cover for social media during peak times such as occasional bank holidays and evening events.
- Assist with research to better inform future campaigns.
- Support in the transition and development of a new ticketing and CRM system.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge Required
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organised with a customer-oriented approach.
- Good knowledge or interest in marketing communications, research techniques and databases.
- Some experience in a marketing role would be advantageous but not essential.
Please review the person specification and responsibilities below, and if you think you fit the bill, please e-mail your CV to us - email@example.com - tell us just why you're the person for Trentham and include a draft social media post to promote an upcoming Trentham Estate event (this is your chance to show us how creative you can be!).
Closing Date: Monday 2 December 2019.
We’re looking to appoint a Welcome Assistant, based at the garden entrance.
Previous experience in a similar environment such as a visitor attraction, hospitality provider or retailer is essential. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills. Previous till experience including open and close procedures is desirable.
Job title: Welcome Assistant
Team: Visitor Experience, reporting to Garden Entrance Supervisor
Salary: Real Living Wage
Hours: 6-20 weekly hours to be worked over 5 of 7 days on a rota basis, routinely working weekends, school holidays and bank holidays
Holidays: 25 days per annum pro rata
Uniform: Will be provided
Reports to: Welcome Manager
Contract: Fixed term contract until 6 Jan 2020
Welcome Assistants provide just over 730k Trentham Gardens visitors a year, with:
- A warm and friendly welcome.
- A smooth and efficient ticket transaction, to best suit their needs.
- Accurate and engaging attraction and activity information.
Front of House Meet, greet and assist visitors, letting them know what the garden highlights are, advising them of the pricing structure prior to them heading to the cashier. Be visible at all times in the entrance and available to assist with enquiries, directions, queue management and accessibility (wheelchair hire and access) and inform of any closures. Ensure the garden entrance environment is well presented. Do everything to ensure a happy visit that enhances a referral or a return, encourage reviews. Handle visitor feedback, remedy if necessary or possible, record and feedback to the management team.
Cashier Use the electronic till system for transactions and the associated card and cash handling, Welcome Assistants can occasionally be responsible for opening and closing procedures for the Garden Entrance. This involves the morning safe check, setting up the days floats, cashing up at the end of the day and handing over to security at closing. Offering information at the point of sale relevant to the visitors’ experience. For example; visitors with children would find it useful to know where the play area is, and if there are any family activities taking place that day.
Gate This is essential, particularly during peak times, to monitor tickets for validity, deal with any misuse and provide general assistance and guidance to visitors, enabling easy access for pushchairs and wheelchair users and visitors with dogs. If the turnstiles are out of service, a manual log must be kept. There is a requirement to use hand-held scanners and to monitor the outside gate for visitors exiting during busier periods.
Upselling Welcome Assistants upsell at every opportunity, ensuring visitors get the very best experience, by taking part in an activity or upcoming event. Day ticket purchasers should be aware of the benefits of membership, using established sales tools, such as prompting conversations, handing out annual ticket leaflets. When redeeming vouchers, take into account post code information and use upgrade cards where appropriate. Make visitors aware of offers such as “visit free for a month”. Whenever time allows, chat with our visitors – you are enhancing their experience.
Teamworking Welcome Assistants are supported by Welcome Hosts and will be encouraged to contribute to team targets, work collaboratively within the visitor experience team. Be curious, ambitious for yourself and the business, be ready to be challenged and challenge so that we can improve. Be prepared to learn, grow share and take part.
Closing Date: Monday 2 December 2019.
We are looking for green-fingered volunteers who want to work in the fantastic Italian Gardens.
Tasks will include weeding, edging, planting, working with herbaceous, fruit and veg, rose and wisteria pruning, seed sowing and propagation. These roles will be required on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Come along to one of our induction days to see what it is all about. Future induction dates for volunteers will be added below.
Our Garden Team Supervisor, Mark, will meet you at the Gardens Entrance on the above dates at 10am.