Jobs at Trentham
The Trentham Estate is a thriving business community - over 700 people were employed here during the Summer. It might also be well worth you coming to look around the Shopping Village, as short-term vacancies are often posted in the shop windows.
Work as part of the Events Team to assist the Events Manager and wider team at Trentham to produce an engaging and profitable year round events programme which delivers a superior visitor experience.
- Work closely with the Events Manager to support and drive bringing the Trentham Estate events to life to deliver a superior visitor experience.
- Undertake research, analyse findings and report on market trends and competitor activities.
- Review and report on visitor feedback to inform future events.
- Organise and manage relationships with suppliers and private hire clients; obtaining quotes, arranging agreements, issuing contracts and assisting with event briefing.
- Help to ensure all documents and procedures are in place in advance of every event (including for example: drafting contracts, writing risk assessments and management plans, invoicing).
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Team to assist with event marketing, monitoring and budget management.
- Assist with the communication of the event to staff and associates, as well as to our visitors.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with the all teams involved in delivery of the Trentham Estates events activities i.e. visitor experience, marketing, operations.
- This role is 40 hours per week on a flexible basis to include some weekend working to ensure that the team are able to oversee key events at weekends, bank holidays and evenings.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation and Regulations.
- Develop and ensure safe working practices.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Well-organised with a customer-oriented approach.
- Good knowledge or interest in event management and the tourism/visitor attraction market.
- Some experience in events would be advantageous but not essential.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work well under pressure, manage your own workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Good negotiation and sales skills.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- A willingness to learn and develop.
A relevant bachelor's degree and experience working in an events role is preferred but not essential.
View the Core Competencies for the Events Coordinator role.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line Event Coordinator Application
Closing Date: Friday 31 January 2020
Manna Kitchen are currently recruiting a part time Coffee Shop Assistant to work within our busy cafe based in the heart of the Trentham Retail estate in Stoke on Trent.
The Coffee Shop is central to our busy operation as it provides outstanding food and service to all our customers.
- Passionate about quality food?
- A ‘people person’ and great team player?
- Vivacious and a natural smiler?
- Customer focused where nothing is too much trouble?
- Enthusiastic, energetic & hard working?
- Clean and tidy and all times?
- Able to keep calm under pressure?
If the answer is "yes" to all these questions then please apply.
We have a part time slot available with a minimum of 8 hours a week. Mainly over the weekends.
Candidate will need to be flexible as hours are dependent on the needs of the business. Past Catering / Food handling experience is required (please provide past experience on covering letter / CV)
Level 2 Food Hygiene is desired but not essential. Training will be given to the right candidate.
The hourly rate will be reduced accordingly for applicants below 25 years of age.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for green-fingered volunteers who want to work in the fantastic Italian Gardens.
Tasks will include weeding, edging, planting, working with herbaceous, fruit and veg, rose and wisteria pruning, seed sowing and propagation. These roles will be required on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Come along to one of our induction days to see what it is all about. Future induction dates for volunteers will be added below.