Trentham Gardens Terms and Conditions of Entry
These terms and conditions apply to all visitors who enter Trentham Gardens.
We are open with pre-booked arrival tickets only. Before arriving, please ensure that you comply with government restrictions in place:
Symptoms – do not come to site if you have any of these – fever (temperature), cough, shortness of breath, breathing difficulties and loss of taste and/or smell. Persons displaying symptoms must self-isolate and must not attend.
Travelling - you can travel to outdoor open space irrespective of distance. You should not travel with someone from outside your household unless you can practise social distancing - for example by cycling. You can go out with members of your household OR with one person from another household if you remain 2m apart.
Social Distancing - keep the recommended distance if you encounter other visitors or staff. You can spend time outdoors – for example sitting and enjoying the fresh air, picnicking, or sunbathing. You can exercise outdoors as often as you wish - following social distancing guidelines.
Hand Hygiene - please ensure you wash your hands or sanitise regularly and thoroughly.
Cough Etiquette/Respiratory Hygiene – please ensure that you cough/sneeze into a sleeve or elbow, always cover up and dispose of tissues.
Litter – to minimise contact, please take your litter home with you.
- All visitors entering the Gardens must have a valid ticket to enter (which is a pre-arrival slot QR code during the restricted capacity phase).
- Before purchasing tickets, please carefully consider individual selection. Once purchased online or on site, tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned.
- If you change your mind within 7 days of purchasing online tickets, please return them to us for a refund, which will exclude delivery charges. Our address is Trentham Leisure Ltd, Stone Road, Trentham, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 8AX. Mark FAO Admissions Manager and include your full contact details. Returned tickets must arrive with us 14 days prior to the selected date of visit. We will contact you within 7 days to arrange a refund.
- Visitors are advised to check their tickets and change, if appropriate, upon receipt.
- Please keep tickets in a safe place as no duplicate tickets will be issued to replace lost or stolen tickets. To issue replacement annual tickets, a £5.00 charge will apply.
- Tickets are not transferable and accordingly may not be sold or passed to any third party. Any person found to be without an entrance ticket will be asked to leave site.
- All major credit and debit cards are accepted (VISA, Mastercard, Maestro).
- All prices are correct at the time of publishing. However, they are subject to change without prior notice.
- A child ticket is for people aged between 3 and 15 years inclusive. An adult ticket is for persons aged 16 and over. A senior citizen ticket is for people aged 60 years and over. Children under 3 years of age go free.
- Children aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times, aged 16 years and over.
- Dogs are permitted into all areas except the Italian Garden Tearoom, Lakeside Cafe, Adventure Play areas and Barefoot Walk, subject to them being kept on a short lead and under strict control at all times. Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
- Toddler’s bikes and scooters are permitted in the Gardens and Lake area for children aged 4 and under only. For the comfort of other visitors, no exceptions will be made.
- Groups of 12 or more persons are entitled to discounted group admission. Group tickets can be purchased in advance by telephoning 01782 646646. School and college groups can make arrangements by telephoning the same number.
- Tickets purchased in advance cannot be used in conjunction with any day ticket, voucher, promotion, special offer or inclusive travel package. Promotional vouchers can only be used when purchasing a ticket at the Gardens Entrance on the day of the visit. Tesco Clubcard Vouchers cannot be used to purchase event tickets.
- Visitors are reminded that for health and safely – including during pandemic restrictions - technical, operational and/or meteorological reasons, some facilities may be removed or closed or entertainment cancelled and/or altered at any time. Trentham Leisure Ltd reserves the right to change the programme of attractions and entertainment at any time it is deemed necessary or appropriate to do so, without prior notice.
- Garden tickets do not entitle holders entry to special events, unless tickets for that event have been purchased.
- Trentham Gardens allows photography and use of video/recording equipment within the grounds, with the exception of special event days, for personal use only. Permission for reproduction for any other reason, commercial or otherwise, needs to be gained in advance from Trentham on 01782 657341.
- Trentham reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry or admission to or remove from Trentham any visitor. Whose duty it is to take health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account and at their reasonable discretion may from time to time carry out security searches. Trentham reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone on account of being (or appearing to be) under age, declining to be searched, abusive, threatening, drunken, or other antisocial behaviour, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. Trentham advise that no refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or asked to leave the Estate.
- On-site car parking is not guaranteed for pre-booked ticket holders.
- Trentham does not allow the use of BBQ’s, or any form of open flame whilst on site.
- All opening times/dates and general information are displayed on the individual attractions’ website and may be subject to alteration at any time. Please view these websites or telephone prior to your visit.