Summer Concert Terms and Conditions
Garden entry terms and conditions apply to all events, in addition to event terms and conditions, and are available on request.
- Full payment is required at time of booking;
- Booking in advance is highly recommended as events can be very busy, and can often sell out prior to the day;
- Advanced tickets are available during open hours until the day prior to the event and until midnight the Friday immediately before each event. After this time, advanced tickets are unavailable;
- On the day tickets grant admission to the gardens from 5.30pm and are available to purchase at the Gardens Entrance throughout the day;
- When purchasing tickets once the event has already started, if available, tickets will be charged at full price;
- Many events have a maximum capacity limit for tickets. Once this limit is met there will be no further ticket sales. If all advanced tickets are sold out prior to the event, there will be no tickets sold on the day;
- All prices and information are correct at the time of publishing, however they are subject to change at any time without prior notice;
- All tickets are non-refundable unless purchased online. Tickets purchased online are eligible for a refund within 7 days of purchase. All tickets are non-transferable once purchased;
- Customers are advised to check their tickets upon receipt as mistakes cannot always be rectified;
- Tesco Clubcard Vouchers & Special Offer Vouchers (i.e. 2 for 1, 10% etc) cannot be used against the purchase of event tickets.
- Tickets are available to be sent out by recorded delivery on request and are subject to a postage and admin fee. Trentham advise that they will not take responsibility for tickets that are lost in the post, and customers must be aware of the date of the event and allow sufficient time for posting;
- If you have purchased your tickets online, please bring the e-mail confirmation letter with you when collecting your tickets from the Gardens Entrance, located in the centre of Trentham Shopping Village.
- A valid ticket is required to enter all events. If this is not produced, or the ticket is defaced or altered in any way, admission to the event will not be permitted;
- Admission to all events is via the Gardens Entrance which is located in the centre of Trentham Shopping Village, accessed via the Main North Entrance;
- Tickets are to be exchanged for a wristband on entry at the Gardens Entrance and must be worn for the duration of the event. These wristbands will allow access, exit and re-entry to the gardens via the Gardens Entrance from 5.30pm on the day of the event;
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, aged 16 or over, at all times;
- For the customers’ and dogs’ safety and comfort, dogs are not permitted to these events, with the exception of guide dogs. Owners must take full responsibility for their guide dogs safety and wellbeing at all times. Please check before booking tickets;
- Trentham will not re-issue lost or stolen tickets;
- Trentham reserves the right to refuse admission to an event, whose duty it is to take health and safety, environmental and security concerns into account and at their reasonable discretion may from time to time carry out security searches. Trentham reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone on account of being (or appearing to be) under age, declining to be searched, abusive, threatening, drunken, other antisocial behaviour, or making unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. Trentham advise that no refunds will be offered to customers who are refused entry or asked to leave the Estate;
- Trentham reserve the right to refuse entry to, or confiscate from customers with excessive amounts of alcohol brought to the Estate;
- For safety reasons, visitors are asked not to stray off the lit paths when entering and exiting the event when daylight is limited.
- Once tickets are purchased, they are non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances unless purchased online. Tickets purchased online are eligible for a refund within 7 days of purchase;
- The management reserve the right to change the programme of events without prior notice. Trentham will endeavour to adhere to all timings advertised for all events; however this is not always possible. Customers are reminded that for technical, operational and/or meteorological reasons some facilities may be removed or closed and may be altered at any time without prior notice;
- In the event of inclement weather, every effort will be made to present the show. Where there is inclement weather, and the show carries on as scheduled, refunds will not be offered;
- In the event of any changes to an event by Trentham, Trentham will endeavour to contact all purchasers either by phone, e-mail or in writing (using details provided at time of booking) advising them on the course of action. However, please note that it is the customer’s responsibility to check the details of the event, and Trentham cannot guarantee that they will inform the customer of any changes.
Annual Ticket Holders:
- Annual Ticket Holders are offered a discounted ticket for most events; this does not apply to friends, guests or family members who do not have an Annual Ticket. All Annual Ticket Holders purchasing discounted tickets will need to provide a valid Annual Ticket with photo ID upon collection of tickets and entry to event;
- To purchase a discounted event ticket, the Annual Ticket must be valid on the day of chosen event. If an Annual Ticket is due to expire before the day of the event, tickets will be held by Trentham until the ticket is renewed. If the Annual Ticket is not renewed, the customer will be required to upgrade to a full priced ticket.
- The following items are not permitted to any event, unless otherwise stated: Barbeques, gazebos, Chinese lanterns, candles, fireworks, sparklers, garden flares, open flames, marquees, parasols, fishing umbrellas, lasers of any description;
- Customers are asked to report any injuries/incidents/accidents that occur whilst at an event to a member of staff at the time;
- Seating is not provided;
- Customers are advised to be aware that all events are outdoor/open air. There is no cover provided;
- The seating area for these events is the grassed Amphitheatre banks;
- Alcohol brought to, or at, the event must only be consumed moderately and within the event area. We reserve the right to remove alcohol from customers believed to be drinking in excess and/ or ask them to leave the site;
- Events where an age restriction applies are clearly indicated on all promotional material, and during booking. Customers are advised to read all information which applies to the event before booking, and carry proof of age if appropriate;
- Trentham prohibits photography and use of video/recording equipment during performances, unless for private use. Prior consent must be obtained for photography and filming at events;
- Visitors are welcome to leave cars overnight following these events, however, we request they are collected before 10am the following day;
- All general terms and conditions for the Estate are available upon request.
- When you purchase an event ticket, we take your contact details so that we can keep in touch should the event be cancelled, and also to send you our latest news, membership and upcoming event information - including customer satisfaction surveys. Only trusted staff, and contractors (such as our mailing house or email provider) who specifically need this information, have access to your personal information. You can opt out of our communications at any time, either at the main entrance, or by unsubscribing from our emails. Here at The Trentham Estate we take protecting information seriously; for more detail on how we use your personal information, please read our Privacy Notice, and GDPR blog.