Privacy Notice for Customers
Trentham Leisure Ltd is a company involved in leisure, retail and tourism and is the data controller. Trentham Leisure Ltd is a group company of St. Modwen Properties plc.
1.2 Why do we need your personal information?
In order to provide you with certain services (such as ticketing for events, access to the Trentham Estate and providing you with marketing materials which we believe you might be interested in), we need to use and share your personal information.
We will process your personal information:
- prior to entering into a contractual agreement with you; or
- to perform an existing contractual arrangement; or
- to meet our legitimate business interests; or
- where it is needed to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Specifically, we process your information:
- to improve our products and services; such as event ticketing
- for internal record keeping
- for handling and responding to enquiries;
- for customer and user administration, sales and marketing;
- to identify members for offers and member discounts;
- to issue, process and administer tickets and photo ID cards;
- to process payments and refunds;
- to conduct research and analysis about our business;
- to maintain business relationships;
- to inform you about our services, products and news and changes to our opening hours, through our newsletter;
- to meet our legal obligations (e.g. health & safety, tax or accounting).
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, SMS or mail depending on your preferences. We may use the information to customise our interactions with you, according to your interests.
No automated decision-making is conducted on your personal data.
We will inform you where we need your consent to process your personal information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
1.3 How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect personal information directly from you, either on our website, in email, on the phone or in person at the Trentham Estate when you:
- register for our newsletter;
- set up or modify your account;
- make a purchase (such as a day ticket or annual ticket for Trentham Gardens, or an event ticket);
- complete a ‘contact us’ or enquiry form on our website
- submit comments, questions or reviews in writing to us.
We will collect:
- basic contact details (name, address, telephone number, email address);
- payment details, such as debit/credit card;
- personal photo IDs;
- date of birth (when setting up an account)
- details of previous visits to the Trentham Estate;
- information about your transactions with us;
- records of written communications between us;
- CCTV images if you attend on our premises where we use CCTV recording;
- any other information that you may provide.
We may also collect your Personal Information from third parties, for example:
- From social media with your consent such as Facebook or Instagram
When accessing our website, we will collect:
- IP address (number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet);
- type of device you access the website from;
- type of Internet browser software used;
- the website from which you visited us;
- the Trentham Leisure Ltd website pages that you visit; and
- date and duration of your visit to our website.
1.4 Who do we share your Personal Information with?
Sometimes we need to share your information with 3rd parties for the following reasons:
- With our website provider (Red2Design Ltd) – to improve our website functionality and performance
- With our payment providers (First Data Europe Ltd and Worldpay Group plc) – to process purchases and refunds;
- With our customer relationship system and ticketing provider (Green 4 Solutions Ltd) – for system management, administration and improvements;
- With our email provider (Shine Internet Ltd) – to send emails to opted in contacts
1.5 How long will we keep your Personal Information for?
We won’t retain your personal information for longer than necessary; we’ll establish this by considering legal requirements and guidance on the relevant best practice. We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was obtained. Should we need to use your personal information for any other purpose we will take appropriate steps to notify you in advance of the change.
1.6 Where will your Personal Information be Processed?
Unless otherwise listed below your personal information will be processed by Trentham Leisure Ltd in the United Kingdom subject to contractual restrictions regarding confidentiality and security in line with applicable information protection laws and regulations.
- Google Analytics may process your personal information relating to use of our website in the United States (see section below)
- First Data Europe Ltd may process payment data within the EEU
You can find out more details about the safeguards we rely upon for such transfers by contacting us as specified at the end of this notice.
1.7 Use of Website Cookies - Google Analytics
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer to help us analyse how visitors use our site. The information about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google use this information to evaluate your use of our website, compiling reports on your website activity for pages visited, the duration and bounce rate, while providing other miscellaneous services relating to website activity and usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other information held by Google.
By using our website, you consent to the processing of information about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. If you want to prevent your information from being used by Google Analytics, you may download the optout browser here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
1.8 Use of Website Cookies – Other website analytics
We sometimes use different 3rd party cookies to improve our website. We use them to understand how visitors use and interact with our website. Amongst other things, the cookies we use allow us to calculate how many visitors we have - anonymously, of course - and how long they stay on our site.
When you save your cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to the Trentham Estate website. However, for technical reasons beyond our control, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access the Trentham Leisure Ltd website from another browser or device your cookie settings may be lost. To comply with applicable laws and regulations, in some countries you may be asked to confirm your cookie settings when you first visit the Trentham Estate website. If you are in a country where you are automatically required to set your cookie settings, you may be asked to set them again on a future visit.
In many cases you can also control tracking technologies using your browser. Please ensure that your browser setting reflects whether you wish to be warned about and/or accept tracking technologies (such as cookies) where possible. The specific capabilities of your browser and instructions on how to use them can usually be found in the manual or help file of your browser.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Generally, you have the option to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is issued or reject all cookies. Visit the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu on your browser to change settings. However, refusing, disabling or deactivating of tracking technologies may result in a reduced availability of the services provided on this website or parts of this website may no longer function correctly.
1.9 Considerations when sending data over the internet
The Internet is not generally regarded as a secure environment, and information sent via the Internet (such as to or from the Trentham Website or via electronic message) may be accessed by unauthorised third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content or technical failures. Even if both sender and receiver are located in the same country, information sent via the Internet may be transmitted across international borders and be forwarded to a country with a lower data protection level than exists in your country of residence.
Please note that we accept no responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to Trentham Leisure Ltd. In order to protect your privacy, we would like to remind you that you may choose another means of communication with Trentham, where you deem it appropriate.
1.10 Links to other websites
1.11 How is your Personal Information secured?
We have technical and organisational security measures in place to protect your personal information against unauthorised access, misuse, loss or destruction including:
- implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
- never asking you for your passwords;
- advising you never to enter any unique identifiers such as account numbers or passwords into an email or after following a link from an email;
- not disclosing your personal information to unauthorised parties;
- ensuring access by authorised parties is only on a need-to-know basis;
- ensuring third parties who assist us comply with applicable data protection laws; and
- specific clauses in contracts that legally oblige third parties to protect your personal information to required standards.
1.12 What rights do you have?
Under data protection legislation you have rights regarding how your personal information is collected, used and shared. You have the right to access or obtain a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you, or to review, modify, delete, or to request that we stop processing such personal information.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us and/or the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can find out more information about your rights by visiting the ICO website here https://ico.org.uk/
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
1.13 How do you control what your Personal Information is used for?
If you’d like to stop receiving news and offers or promotional information about 3rd parties from us, you can do so in the following ways:
- Whenever you complete a ‘Register for our newsletter’ or ‘Set up your account’ form on our website, you will be asked to indicate if you would like to receive direct marketing such as offers and news;
- By updating your account information on the “my account” function on the ticket website;
- Whenever you receive an email from us you can click the unsubscribe link in the footer of the email;
- If you have previously agreed to us sending you offers, news or promotional information about third parties you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
1.14 Contact Us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, or if you want to exercise any of your rights under data protection legislation you can contact the St. Modwen Group Data Protection Officer (DPO) by post or email using the details below:
Group Data Protection Officer
St. Modwen Properties plc
17 High Street
Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we can fulfil any of your rights under data protection law. This helps us to protect the personal information belonging to our customers against fraudulent requests.
1.15 Policy Changes