A wintery chill has filled the air, the hat and gloves are on, and Christmas is just around the corner. As excitement for Christmas begins to build, the magic of Trentham’s Shopping Village is building too...
Visiting Trentham Shopping Village at Christmas is truly wonderful. At Trentham, Christmas shopping is not a chaotic dash to the shops, or a forgettable online experience. See feel, taste, and try the gifts you’re buying for your friends and family at the best shopping experience in Staffordshire. Parking is free too, so there’s no need to worry about how much time you might need - take your time to wander through the streets of traditional timber lodges and see if you can spot a Trentham Fairy!
Trentham Garden Centre's simply massive Christmas department is a trove of twinkling treasures for you, your home and loved ones - don't miss the singing reindeer or take a virtual reality sleigh ride
Shop local in Staffordshire this Christmas
Trentham’s Shopping Village is located just 5 minutes drive from junction 15 of the M6 motorway on the A34 dual carriageway, near Stoke-on-Trent, between Stone and Newcastle under Lyme. It's home to a number of family-run independent shops. These shops have an abundance of unique and unusual gifts for you to take home and put under your tree. In doing so, you’re also supporting local businesses in Stoke-on-Trent. We’re a fan of the “Just a Card” campaign - it aims to spread the message that all purchases, however small, are vital to the prosperity and survival of small businesses.
From festive foods, through to cosy winter fashions, and tasty Christmas tipples, our local retailers have it all. Ideal for Christmas gift shopping, we are open every day except Christmas Day!
“This place is magic!”
As well as a delightful Christmas shopping experience, visit Trentham and enjoy:
- Traditional festivities - such as a glass of mulled wine or hot chocolate.
- Pose as a Christmas angel and share your pics on Instagram #TrenthamGardens #MakeChristmasMagical
- Boutique eateries for the foodies!
- School choirs and street performances - including Ice Sculpture carving
- Late night Christmas shopping opening hours on Wednesdays.
We also have some special Christmas events planned:
- The fun started with our Christmas Light Switch On event - thanks to everyone who attended. Santa and our Out of this World parade where kids had the opportunity to take pictures with their favourite space-inspired characters. Shared a hot chocolate with Chewbacca or danced the night away with the Jedi - it was a night to remember.
- A festive children's funfair will be here each weekend, during our late night shopping on Wednesdays and for the school holidays.
If you’re struggling to fit in the time to visit us during the day in the run up to Christmas, join us for late night Christmas Shopping on Wednesdays. Enjoy free parking and accessible shops. You might even want to stick around for dinner at one of the many restaurants at the Trentham Estate.
Late-night shopping times at Trentham Shopping Village
The shopping village opens until 8pm and the Garden Centre is open until 9pm during Wednesdays 4, 11 and 18 December.
Merry Christmas from all of us at The Trentham Estate
We hope that you’re able to visit us this winter and enjoy the best Christmas shopping experience in Staffordshire.
Then, come back over the Christmas holidays and enjoy some family time in the great outdoors at Trentham Gardens. Walk off your Boxing Day lunch, find the Trentham Fairies, take a spin around the festive frizbee course and try your hand at Yeti snowballing or willow weaving.