The Trentham Estate will remain open from the 5 November
The Trentham Estate will remain open from the 5 November, following the government’s announcement of new national restrictions.
- Trentham Gardens remains open to the public, for both members and day ticket holders.
- Trentham Garden Centre and ‘essential shops' will remain open in Trentham Shopping Village.
- If you are visiting us, we ask that you follow government advice and do so “with the people you live with, your support bubble, or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household”.
- The latest government advice can be found here - gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november
Trentham Gardens will remain open to both Trentham members and day ticket holders. We are following the current legislation for outdoor spaces which states, “You can exercise or visit outdoor public places … Outdoor public places include: public gardens (whether or not you pay to enter them)”. The measures we have had in place since reopening on 29 May will remain, which includes:
- Pre-booked slots and managed capacity on entry to the gardens.
- Socially distanced queuing system at the Gardens entrance.
- One-way system around the lake.
- A new exit via the bridge by the garden centre - one way in and one way out.
- Closure of areas where social distancing would be problematic - barefoot walk, maze, boat and train.
- Hand sanitising stations and hand-washing facilities.
- Regular cleaning of on-site toilets and touchpoints.
- Staff issued with PPE and perspex screens where required.
We ask that you scan a NHS Track and Trace QR code when you arrive, using the NHS COVID-19 app which is downloadable for both Apple and Android devices. These are available in the queue line and on entry to the gardens. This is to help trace and stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you do not have the app or relevant technology to download it then our staff will be collecting information, if required, as you enter. Further information on the NHS COVID-19 app can be found here.
Visitors will still be required to wear a mask when entering the Visitor Centre (located in the former David’s Brasserie unit) and when walking through the Gardens Entrance. We understand that there are cases where people are exempt from wearing a mask, so please do let our staff know on entry. All our visitor facing staff, such as those in the Visitor Centre and Gardens Entrance, will wear face coverings when they interact with you too.
We must remind people not to visit us if they have any symptoms. If you have a slot booked for the day then please email email@example.com and we can look to either move your booking, once you feel better, or refund you.
Totally Delicious Tearooms and Lakeside Cafe will be offering a take away only service from 10am-3pm every day. They will be serving hot and cold drinks as well as a selection of light snack options. No seating is available indoors or on the tearooms terrace but visitors are welcome to use the nearby picnic benches.
Toilet facilities will be available at both ends of the lake in the gardens, and also in the shopping village.
Trentham Shopping Village.
Trentham Garden Centre will remain open and essential shops, which will be confirmed shortly on our website, have the option to remain open in the shopping village. Non-essential retail can remain open for delivery to customers or for a click-and-collect service and we are currently in discussions with our shops on who will be offering this.
Cafes and restaurants onsite which can provide a takeaway or delivery service will also stay open and we will update you on who will be doing this once we have this information.
We do ask that if you are planning on visiting the Estate during this period that you follow the government advice on mixing which states you can do this “with the people you live with, your support bubble, or, when on your own, with 1 person from another household”.
The Makers Market which was scheduled for the 21st November has now been cancelled.
For further information and the latest advice on the government guidelines, please visit their website - www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november
If you are unsure of anything before you visit, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on social media channels.
We would like to thank all visitors for their patience and kindness during this time.
Last updated 05/11/2020, 12pm