An update for our Members
Since the latest government restrictions came into force on the 5 November, we have seen increased demand from members. We have listened to your feedback and made several adjustments to help counteract this...
Since we reopened our doors on 29 May we’ve put a number of safety measures in place to meet the government guidelines. We gained the ‘Good To Go’ Visit England accreditation to provide visitors with assurance of safety here at The Trentham Estate.
We recognise the important role Trentham plays in supporting health and well-being, by providing access to the wonderful Italian Gardens, playground, sculpture trails, lakeside walks and over 700 acres of historic parkland. We are also proud to have supported over 75 retailers to reopen and continue to service their customers safely.
Since the latest government restrictions came into force on the 5 November, we have seen increased demand from members, which has led to disappointment for some.
We have listened to your feedback and made several adjustments to help counteract this, including:
- Increasing the number of bookable slots available per hour for members – with members receiving >75% of the available capacity to enter the gardens.
- We will open from 8am for pre-booked members only from Friday 13 November until Sunday 13 December.
- We are also planning to change slots from hourly to every 30 minutes to reduce queues.
- A limited number of day tickets will still be available, for those wanting to bring a friend or family member in line with the government guidelines.
Like many outdoor places, we are experiencing extremely high levels of demand to manage alongside our safety restrictions. This is why we operate a pre-booking system to both limit and distribute the total number of visitors accessing the Gardens.
Our team are working extremely hard to provide safety and access to the wonderful natural environment here at Trentham.
We ask during this difficult time, for all visitors to be kind and respectful to each other and to our Trentham Team.
Alongside the pre-bookable slots, we will continue to provide ‘Good To Go’ safety measures including:
- Operating a one-way system in the garden and lakeside.
- Managing the Playground by updating signage and segregating areas to comply with social distancing.
- Providing hand-sanitisers in high footfall areas.
- Increased signage on ‘hands-face-space’ guidance and maintaining social distancing.
- Our Welcome Team wear masks or visors.
The Shopping Village remains open to provide access to the Garden Centre and a number of food and drink retailers, takeaways from cafes and restaurants and for those shops offering click & collect.
Please continue to follow the advice outlined in our last Visitor Update and we must remind people not to visit us if they have any symptoms. If you have a slot booked for the day then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can look to move your booking, once you feel better.
If you are unsure of anything before you visit, then please review the information on our most recent visitor update.
We would like to thank all members for their patience and kindness during this time. 💚