It’s almost Father’s Day 2019! Need something fun to do? Read on.
Shopping for Dads can be a tough task. He’s already experienced years of the customary socks, gadgets and booze, and there’s only so many ties a man can own! So if you’re looking for some different things to do on Father’s Day 2019 that will make it the best one yet, look no further than the Trentham Estate.
You’ll not only find an abundance of individual gift ideas to treat him to, but also experience an unforgettable day out that he’ll truly enjoy.
With a host of activities, from exploring our award-winning gardens to tucking in at one of our 19 eateries, Trentham makes the ideal destination for a Father’s Day trip in the Staffordshire area for Fathers young and old.
Father’s Day trips to the Trentham Estate
With so many areas of the estate to enjoy, it could be difficult to decide on your itinerary for your Father’s Day trip. Luckily, we’re here to give you some suggestions for your visit, to ensure you get the most out of Father’s Day 2019.
- Annual Transport Festival - for the 30th year running, Trentham gardens plays host to the Transport Festival featuring over 1000 classic, contemporary and rare cars that will really get Dad’s motor running! For tickets and information head over to our dedicated page.
- Trentham Shopping Village - if you’re struggling for a Father’s Day gift, why not let Dad choose his own? Our shopping village is home to 63 shops where he’ll find men’s clothing and shoes, sporting goods, artisan food and drink, and much more.
- Trentham Gardens - our stunning gardens can be appreciated by all ages, whether you’re looking for peace and quiet, or fun and action. Enjoy a tranquil walk through the award-winning gardens, based upon Sir Charles Barry’s original 19th century designs. Or for Dads with younger children in-tow, head over to the adventure playground for some hands-on family fun!
- Trentham Lake - take the ‘Capability’ Brown mile-long walk around Trentham Lake and see if you can spot our wood carvings along the way. Or perhaps Dad would prefer to opt for the more relaxing option by taking our electrically powered boat, Miss Elizabeth.
- Trentham Monkey Forest - why not swing into Trentham monkey forest and say hello to our primate friends? You can watch them frolic in the trees, relax in the grass, and even walk on the path beside you!
- Trentham Treetop Adventures - after learning from the monkeys, you can put your treetop skills to the test at our high ropes adventure course. Tackle 28 exciting treetop obstacles including mid-air jumps, tight ropes and more.
- Trentham Craft Bar - whether you’re looking to treat your Dad to a crafty craft ale on Father’s Day or whether you’re looking for the ideal gift (because what Dad doesn’t love a good ale), why not stop by the Trentham Craft Bar? Don’t worry, there’s plenty for Mum to enjoy too!
The best Father’s Day lunch in Staffordshire, whatever his taste!
Of course no Father’s Day would be complete without lunch, and Trentham is home to an abundance of restaurants and cafes perfect for a midday refuelling after the morning’s activities. Here are just a few to choose from…
Places to eat in the North Entrance
- Caffe Bello - for smaller bites with all the indulgence, head over to Caffe Bello where you can treat Dad to Italian coffee, savoury plates and mouth-watering cakes.
- Six Arches Restaurant - if it’s variety you require, we’d suggest heading over to the Six Arches Restaurant. The exceptional lunchtime carvery definitely won’t disappoint!
- Terrazzo del Giardino - the Terrazzo del Giardino restaurant offers Venetian-inspired cuisine boasting antipasti and wood fired pizza, as well as freshly prepared pasta dishes, chef specials and homemade authentic desserts.
Places to eat in the Gardens
- Italian Garden Tearoom (Totally Delicious) - surrounded by stunning views of the gardens and lake, Dad will love tucking into some local delights. After all, a visit to Stoke-on-Trent wouldn’t be complete without Staffordshire oatcakes!
- Lakeside Cafe - half-way around the lake walk, the Lakeside Cafe is the perfect place to reward yourself with hot drinks, sandwiches, or even some delicious Snugburys ice cream.
Places to eat in the Shopping Village
- Pieminister - a favourite with Dads, Pieminister offer over 13 types of award-winning pie including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
- Manna Kitchen - packed with paninis, baguettes, homemade cakes, and beverages, Manna Kitchen is situated at the entrance to the gardens, so why not stock up for a picnic and enjoy lunch in the great outdoors?!
- Riverside Fish & Chips - keep it classic with crispy battered fish with golden fresh fried chips from Riverside.
- Cadwaladers - for Dads with a sweet tooth, this Welsh-born ice cream and coffee cafe offers extravagant ice cream waffles and sundaes, along with cafe favourites like jacket potatoes, soups, and wraps.
So head to the Trentham Estate this Father’s Day for one of the best family days out in the West Midlands.